Thread: can't tag other people's threads

can't tag other people's threads

I can't tag threads i post in that i do not start.

someone needs to turn "tag other's threads" back to yes ... it should be in the options/forum settings area.

For example, I needed to tag a nut thread with a tag "how to hull black walnuts", since i had posted that info in that thread.

i did not start the thread, so I can't tag it.

tagging informative threads so search engine will work makes the finding of info easier, IMO.
    "Where I go Destruction will follow"-Professor Chaos

You just subscribe to it. Or you can tag what you reply!
    "The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous;
    it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men." Emile Zole

Find your cage accessories and chew toys at www.UniKorner.com
    Proceeds support Squirreltopia's sanctuary, rescue and rehabilitation efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by unikorngrrl View Post
    You just subscribe to it. Or you can tag what you reply!
    nope, u see that cuz u are an admin,, that is not what us peons see.

there is no add/edit tags down at bottom of page in other's threads.

We removed capabilities to tag other people's posts and threads b/c it's unnecessary. You should only be able to tag your own post/thread. Subscribing to it will give you updates!
    "The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous;

http://squirrel-nation.com/showthread.php?562-can-t-tag-other-people-s-threads

tagging is used for search engine on here... it has nothing to do with subscribing.

if I tag a post in another's thread, it will be easily searchable....

but if you don't want your SN search engine to work.......... keep it like u got it.

We will

people won't post the same info over and over again. Just like i posted how to hull black walnuts in another person's thread.

Now when people search "how to hull black walnuts", the TAG is missing and it won't search out .....

You WANT people to NOT find info on a website? that is dumb.

I'm so sorry but you're mistaken. I use the search engine a lot, used it last night to find Judi's link to the nuts for zedsmom. None of those were tagged and it worked perfectly!! The google, bing, etc... bots are finding the rest for us! We're working on things, we are learning daily, and we do have a firm grasp on what we're doing! However, we do greatly appreciate input! again!

We just double checked to be certain , and every post you have made about black walnuts does show up in the search We absolutely want everyone to be able to find what they need!!!

Well, I don't exactly know what you are talking about, But I think Susan was doing a great job and probably knows what she is talking about. Why don't you put her back on as part of the Admin team? Probably make Susan feel much better. I know she put in a lot of hard work and she kept it very interesting too. It seems like y'all work well together & made this forum ROCK.

now..TAG you're it
    Licensed/Permitted Wildlife Rehabilator