Thread: Rocky's acting off today; something's not right. Need Assistance

Rocky's acting off today; something's not right. Need Assistance

Rocky is acting "off" today. He was fine yesterday (and every day). He came to his cage door this morning early for his pecan, like always. He is very very quiet today. His eyes look good, but he is sitting a lot more than often. He looks like he doesn't feel great. He is in his top portion of his cage now, nibbling on a few pieces of hay, wood and pecan shells. He did eat his breakfast (store bought plain white mushrooms washed) and spinach (fresh and washed) and his is always given Henry's healthy bites. He doesn't want to come out and play or be held, which is so not like Rocky. He loves to come out on the floor and play games with me every day, three times a day. He gets lots of exercise, plenty of water, his cage is clean. He eats very well (even according to Dr at Ravenwood), he looks beautiful...but something is off. I had a cold and still have some of it, can he catch it from me? I don't think so, but maybe he can. I'm worried. I will call the vet, but I don't want to over react. He has no runny nose or discharge, he his quiet and gentle. He isn't throwing up or moaning...just something is off. His mama knows him way too well. Any ideas or just call the vet

I did attach two photos of him just now. The one that is hardest to see is the one that seems most important. He is sort of huddled in his hanging basket ...he can move around as he does (see other photo) but this is not how Rocky normally behaves at all.

There are no animals ever alone with him or in contact with him...ever. We do have dogs but they don't play with the squirrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

follow up with vet call

I called Dr. Alicia Emerson's office and she is out for a couple of days. Her office suggested that I see if anyone within the squirrel-board has her cell phone number. I would understand if you don't want to share it, but if you did or if you thought you wouldn't mind sending her a text for me, the office says, Alicia likes to be texted on issues that arise with her patients when she is out and Rocky is one of her patients. If only to text her my number: 386-986-8527,

Anyway, he is out of his cage right now sitting very quietly on top. He looks okay and not in any emergency, so the plan with the office is text if we can and call back on Friday morning, if Rocky isn't better they will squeeze him in. Hopefully, this doesn't turn into an emergency. I don't think it will. I just think he has a tummy ache or something. I did notice his urine smelled differently this morning, more ammonia like - but I don't smell that now. Giving him lots of fresh water.

Thank you for any support and prayers.

Candace

Rocky seems to be feeling much better

Wow, I have never seen anything like this. However, I will confess that I laid hands on him and prayed for him...he wasn't hardly moving at all today...But now he is up and around and about chasing everything and acting like nothing happened. He also did a large volume of clear pee in his potty box with no odor...Thank you all for listening to me worry and thank you Jesus for helping my baby...

❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️

Sent you a text and hope all is well. Let me know if you need any more help.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

I'm so sorry Candace, I was out all day and just saw this now.
    Please keep us posted. If there is anything we can do.
    I'm sending many prayers for our darling Rocky
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Checking on sweet Rocky
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    Checking on sweet Rocky