Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nibbles

I told you so AND I told you so! I knew there would be NO shortage of babies.

Seriously, I know exactly what you were going through. Iím sorta there right now myself. I havenít seen Dixie or Susie for a month. This has happened before but somehow it feels different this time. I used to see Dixie out my kitchen window and I havenít seen her. Iím worried. She is 2. Susie is 5. I hope they are off tending my grandkids.

I sure hope so Patty! ❤️ On a concerned note, these babies did not arrive in the semi good condition my last five have. Two have very bloody noses and one is in very bad shape. I'm warming now and rehydrating then shortly when I'm sure they're ready. If all three make it it'll be God's will for sure. My son was crying and praying over the bin. I had to ask him to make hydration solution with me just to distract him 💔.

Sending up prayers for these babies

All three are hanging in there and improving. I got 4-5cc of formula down each one an hour ago! It's time to pick names now I guess. Any suggestions? Two boys and one girl.

I saw Nibbles briefly again this afternoon. He jumped on me and smelled me then chattered his disapproval and back off. I'm guessing he smelled the new babies. He did let me pet him for a minute while hanging on the outside of the porch. So I've seen all four releases again today.

Oh my your son is just such a wonderful soul
    Sending prayers for all these babies
    Glad Nibbles came by even if he bitched at you a bit
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

I know you were concerned about water bowls and bottles for the kids. I can solve that problem for you. Go to Lowes and buy a concrete bird bath. Place it next to a tree. They will always have a supple of water and it looks nice also. Don't buy the cheesy resin ones. They aren't heavy enough and will topple over.

I guess I'll be baby sitting 4 at Christmas.

By the way, do you still want the cat tree?

Your son has a wonderful compassionate heart. I like that!!!

Yes I do. Would you like us to come today? Iíll give you a call in a little bit. Iím hanging out with Nibbles again. I fed the littles and put a handful of nuts in the pocket of my housecoat and heís found them. I didnít expect to see him this soon but sure enough he was just outside the porch!

If you would like, you can come. I won't be home until after 1:30-2. Going to church and then have to take mama bear to the grocery store. Still no rush but just want to confirm that you are still interested.

Nibbles is visiting daily now and Nibby still likes to run circles around me. When she jumped off shortly ago I tried to walk away and she followed me like a puppy. It was really cute. Chip and Dale will come eat out of my hand but they no longer jump on me like Nibby and Nibbles do. Lucky whoís still inside is our oinker. Iíd read about this sound but never heard it before her. Almost every time we approach the cage she oinks. Itís the cutest thing like sheís asking for attention. Iíve ruled out it being hunger so I can only assume thatís the case.

Sounds like you have a very full squirrely life. Your son sounds so very sweet

My Susie has always been an oinker also. I just loved it.

I do too! In my head I hear "Hi Mom, hi Mom. I missed you mom. Is it play time mom?" 😂 And if she's being quiet I need only scratch her back and she's oinking again.

He ran down my arm to get a treat but not before I saw him and Dale playing together. I am soooo happy right now!!! He was mean to them even up to a week after all were released. I know he has squirrel friends now and could probably snuggle in with them once it gets cold. ☺️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Sottinger View Post
    He ran down my arm to get a treat but not before I saw him and Dale playing together. I am soooo happy right now!!! He was mean to them even up to a week after all were released. I know he has squirrel friends now and could probably snuggle in with them once it gets cold. ☺️❤️
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Happy, happy news