Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Nibbles

Awww Selena, sorry to hear that you're worried. We all worry when we don't see them.
    My first and only pinky was released and an hour after release she disappeared. I didn't see her for 9 days. I was devastated. 9 days later she just showed up like nothing happened. I was ecstatic but I did want to spank her. He will be back. I feel confident.

Thank you ladies for the kind words. I told my husband Iím not sure Iíll be able to continue taking babies in if I donít learn to distance myself some. I have only cried like this over one dog in all my life. I called her my second child prior to having our son. Tony has taken over caring for Lucky for the most part right now. I tried playing with her a little earlier today and just burst into tears. But on a positive note.. all three rascals are still in and out. And we know where they sleep. The tree they spend most of their time in has a group of branches that grow in such a way it has a cubby inside. I watched them as they all three snuggled in yesterday evening. They still spend time on the porch too. I leave the door open for them. And they still use their water bottle. I had to put it on the outside of the cage when I saw Chip reaching his little hand through to get water and licking it off his hand. Thereís a bowl just outside the porch that used to belong to my Papaís dog but I guess they havenít discovered it or just prefer the familiar bottle.

I've released three babies this year and not a single one has returned. The first two were gone within 30 minutes of release. My Sadie stuck around all day then I lost track of her a few yards down. Haven't knowingly seen her since. I sobbed with each of them. It's a very bitter sweet experience. But what you are giving them is such a huge gift. It's definitely hard on the heart, but it's worth it.

He's back!! He just spent 10min snuggling on my chest and being petted. ❤️ We had a storm last night and I wonder if it scared him. Whatever the reason I just know I'm beyond ecstatic to know he's ok and hold him again.

Nibbles ❤️
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not gonna say we told you so, but in this case I don't think you will mind
    IT IS A WONDERFUL FEELING
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

The little booger is curled up in my shirt asleep on my chest ❤️ maybe he missed me too...

And yes I'm very happy to hear I told you so :)

you may have to sleep outside tonight with Nibbles HA HA HA
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABBY

In a selfish moment I considered closing the door but I didn't. He hasn't gone back out though. He's now sleeping in the drey the other three build on top of a cabinet. The only downside is he runs them out when he's here. I'm going to have to hang a water bottle outside temporarily since they still use it regularly. They do sleep in a hollow in the tree closest to the porch so it's not like they're needing the porch really beyond it's where the water is and where I feed them and I can move that to their tree.

I don't think he's going back out tonight. Other than burrying some nuts within 10ft outside he's stayed on the porch. So indeed I will be closing the door within the next half hour to make sure nothing else gets inside with him. I'm sooooo happy he's home ❤️��

Update: He's in for the night :)

Awww Nibbles stayed home for the night

ABBY

Glad to see your baby came home!! It always eases a Momma's heart. We had the first freeze of the year where I live last night and I've been so worried about my sweet Sadie. I wish she'd show her beautiful little face so I could see she was okay.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers that she comes and shows you she's ok too

He's been around the backyard today. I've seen him twice this afternoon since he left again. Since he's a singleton and no snuggle buddies I'm kinda wondering if he'll keep sleeping on the porch where I put a fleece blanket by the half made drey on the cabinet. He sure enjoyed it last night and would poke just his nose out at me when I peeked out here couple times. It got down in the high 40s and I really think that and the storm the night before is what sent him home. It had been all 70s and higher before that. The other three are in and out the porch now so I've seen all four today. I'm a grateful mama today.

Patty, you weren't kidding about how many do I want!! A customer just called begging I take these.. so they're on their way. At least I can recycle a cage finally..
    Attached Images Attached Images