Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nibbles

I am so glad that you, Nibbles and his cousins are here!!
    We love love love pics, the more the merrier so bring on Nibbles and his cousins we can't wait to enjoy your little darlings!!!
    Nibbles is just tooooo adorable!!!

I'm thinking if you want to plump them up a bit I would just add yogurt to formula and forget the heavy whip cream.
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Quote Originally Posted by Sottinger View Post
    These little new ones are 89, 100 and 129 grams. They all opened their eyes two weeks ago within days of one another according to primary mom. They seem super underweight to me. Any way to fatten them up and be sure I’m providing the most healthy foster life possible? If one became unwell in my care I would absolutely never forgive myself! They were already on FV 20/50 and I’m continuing that. Receiving appx 6cc per feeding which is right for the average weight and age mostly. It seems they opened their eyes super early based on fur and development. Should I do night feedings dispute presumptive age based on eye opening? I did add a heating blanket to half the bin since she kept her home at 80 Fahrenheit and I keep mine at 70. I noticed they are keeping closer to the heating pad which sadly isn’t the type to remain on low but shuts off frequently. Seems I will be waking frequently...
    Hi Sottinger, so glad to meet you and sorry to take so long to respond.
    Going to give you some advice here that I find works for me. #1 I am having problems with FV 20/50 again and just stopped using it. I find it is settling on the bottom and when I dump it in the sink it leaves "sand" like grit in my sink. I use Esbilac most of the time be added the FV for fat but not happy with the grit. So I have switched them back to Esbilac only. To fatten them up add Yobaby yogurt to your formula when feeding. I put a dollop in the jar right before I heat it and mix it up.
    If these babies are only taking 6 cc per feeding then something in wrong. Either the formula is not warm enough or you are not letting them take as much as they want. Once they have opened their eyes I go to the 7 to 10% body weight, they tell me when they are full plus I watch their belly's for fullness. My babies that are 130 grams are eating 10-12 cc's per feeding every 4 1/2 to 5 hours. My last feeding is at 11:30 to 12:00 at night and I feed them again at 5-6 AM. With that said you could feed every 4 -4 1/2 hours if you feel they need it.
    Going to post this and go back and look at your picture...be right back.

Okay, your kids are old enough to not worry about the 5% feeding and should be letting them eat more..at least 7 - 10% I'm just telling you how I would do if they were my squirrels. I usually take them off the heating pad when the eyes have opened BUT if they are enjoying it then that's great. Once the pee starts smelling and bin starts sweating...take the heating pad away.

Sending you a pm just in case you need help with my phone number....
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

Thank you soooo much for all of this wonderful information! Battling a little diarrhea with the smallest one at the moment but other than that they’re doing great. Weights this morning were up on all by a few grams. Rehydrated the smallest boy who’s got the diarrhea. The biggest, a little girl, will eat over 7% if I let her I bet. I allowed Nibbles to eat until he turned away but that was because I’d yet to look for help and discovered the boards. I should cap at 10% though or allow her to decide and check her tummy? My son has named her Nibby because she feeds just like he did. She will stand on her two hind legs stretched as tall as she can and is the only one who can (and does) pull the plunger. I now see why I saw someone suggest holding it in such a way you can keep the plunger from being sucked down too fast. Ha!

Meant to add the 6cc was from the lady who previously had them. I had offered up to 7% after weighing. Little girl definitely needed more.

Just thought I would share my kids that are about your babies age...
    babies 1 (Small).jpgbabies 2 (Small).jpgbabies 3(Small).jpg
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

Awwww 😍 I just want to cuddle them all!!

I will post more pics after dinner shortly.

My son was dying to help. He used to help with Nibbles but now Nibbles growls at him. So you can imagine how excited he was to see three new babies he can once again help with. He asked me to forward the picture to his teacher because he's always talking about squirrels now so one of them asked for pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is so great your son gets involved
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABBY

Lovin' all the little babies. Just makes me want to snuggle and get lots and lots of squirrely kisses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    That is so great your son gets involved
    My husband does as well. He wasn’t a fan the first week or two I had Nibbles but it didn’t take long for him to warm up. He’s a big time animal lover but not for rodents until now. He was amazed at how playful and intelligent squirrels are. Nibbles follows us around in the house if he wants attention. It’s really cute ❤️. Well until he follows us to the bathroom anyway and wants to play when we’re on the toilet 😂. I can only imagine three like this in the near future omg!! But I think they’ll play more with one another probably. Nibbles doesn’t have anyone but us and he’s like an attention starved toddler! 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sottinger View Post
    My husband does as well. He wasn’t a fan the first week or two I had Nibbles but it didn’t take long for him to warm up. He’s a big time animal lover but not for rodents until now. He was amazed at how playful and intelligent squirrels are. Nibbles follows us around in the house if he wants attention. It’s really cute ❤️. Well until he follows us to the bathroom anyway and wants to play when we’re on the toilet 😂. I can only imagine three like this in the near future omg!! But I think they’ll play more with one another probably. Nibbles doesn’t have anyone but us and he’s like an attention starved toddler! 😂😂
    That's so funny. Conker was out just running around today got to Mark and guess he never saw his boots and started GRRR GRRING at them
    They are funny furry friends that make me laugh so hard all the time

ABBY

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    That's so funny. Conker was out just running around today got to Mark and guess he never saw his boots and started GRRR GRRING at them
    They are funny furry friends that make me laugh so hard all the time

I got one of my friends who works for me to hold one today. She said I don't want to like them but I don't think I can help it. Caught her peeking in looking at them later. The other full time girl has raised eight herself so she has been toting little boy around part of the day with her so we can monitor his poos. My third girl adores them and likes watching them, but from afar only. Nibbles bit her a couple weeks ago so she's a bit scared to get close.

Once affected by a squirrel there is NO going back
    Oh cool getting bit gives you the mark of the "V"

ABBY

I feel like such a goof but these are my babies ❤️
    Attached Images Attached Images