Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nibbles

Itís confirmed, Nibbles absolutely hates my daughter. She came by to visit and was at the babies cage playing with them. I saw him coming so had her close the cage but she didnít move away fast enough and he leapt from the top of his cage to the top of theirs and right on her growling and bit her shoulder pretty good. It didnít break the skin I think because of her blouse but made an ugly blood blister and raised scrape where one tooth slid or raked.

Should I be worried? I mean if he does this to a stranger after release Iím afraid heíll be injured or killed. Heís never been like this towards anyone but her thankfully. He did jump on my son yesterday and growled but didnít bite him. The ďlook about himĒ is just different towards Sara. He looks vicious.

Any advice is much appreciated =)

well actually , he should no longer have inter action with you or anyone if you plan to release him. You want those natural instincts of fear to be present. Its one thing to handle and cuddle babies , its another once they are eating on their own . How do you plan to release him ?? and how old is he? If Patty is going to release for you ( for example) I would touch base with her as what she would recommend to help her with her task of a successful release.

Simon: who started it all for me..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzpwo0r35l0

Nibbles is wilding up, which is natural and a good sign he will do well outside once released
    Does make you sad when they were so loving, but it's the bitter sweet of rehabbing
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

No, I will release Nibbles myself. I might see if Patty can help with the three younger ones if I've not divided the porch. We are supposed to be converting the porch this weekend. Really the only thing absolutely needed before he can move in is to get wire up over the screen so it's predator proof.

He's as loving as ever with me, and almost as fond of my husband. He's been attacking Sara since he was young. I joked about it before because she has so many cats, but now that he's big enough to deal some real damage it kinda worried me. He is 15 weeks old and I've had him since 5 weeks. He's a Singleton so I do play with him. I think it would have been cruel to leave him in the cage with no interaction the last six weeks.

I will make sure he's not in contact with either of my kids or other people after moving into the RC.

During this transitioning time please keep your kids safe. He can't be trusted around them now.
    Squirrel attacks can be awful. Also, don't let friends, employees or extended family around him either.
    Family is one thing but a squirrel bite to a non-family person can have terrible consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    During this transitioning time please keep your kids safe. He can't be trusted around them now.
    Squirrel attacks can be awful. Also, don't let friends, employees or extended family around him either.
    Family is one thing but a squirrel bite to a non-family person can have terrible consequences.
    Thanks Patty. Heís only been around me, husband and son for a couple weeks now. Tj is scared of him so keeps his distance. Itís only me and Tony that have been interacting with him. I tried taking him to work only once right after you were here and it was too much and I realized he was too old for that anymore. The babies donít go to work either. Instead Iím coming home to feed them and since they have one another are much less interested in us. Just the last day or two theyíll all three pounce out and play chase around us at feeding time. But they have never been snuggle babies with us like Nibbles.

I think Iím hearing my mistake. Sara is my daughter, but to him sheís a stranger standing too close to his cage? She doesnít live here and only visits. And usually thatís not around Nibbles. She has three cats and her roommate has another three. I had chalked it up to this before but he was younger and she was trying to play with him like I did. Nibbles has never been around any other animals because it was always my intent to release.

I'm going to get this porch/RC done this weekend if itís the only thing I do. Iíd read 16-20 weeks especially with a singleton so I didnít stress it until now. But I think like yíall say that his behavior is suggesting heís ready. I just wish I was =(

I have 3 acres of woods, even one's I released years ago still come to me for nuts...in fact right now sitting out on my deck with irma, Willy's sister and some wilds
    Don't be surprised if Nibbles hangs around
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABBY

I very much 🙏 he does. But only if he's not hunting down visitors from the yard!! 🙈😂

He reminds me so much of a boy my Papa raised named Bubba. He got me a few times and my elementary School pics one year still show the bad scratches on my face. He would still visit Papa for treats but never bothered me again after we didn't share close quarters. That's all I'm hoping for, a lot I know but a girl can hope! ❤️

I call my Conker, Bubba

ABBY

Nibbles is of course Nibbles but also rat-rat or scrat rat. I wanted to name him Scrat but Tj wanted Nibbles. I don't know really know where rat-rat started but it's more a term of affection. It probably was my husband initially saying "it's a fluffy tailed rat, Selena." 😂

Will be heading to home depot shortly to get going on this RC. Dividing it won't be as easy as I thought after sitting looking at it and trying to think how I'll do it. The babies are only 9-10 weeks so ideally Nibbles will be out of it by the time they need to be put in there won't he?

Wish me luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images