Thread: Hello!!

Hello!!

Hi, Everyone!!

We joined this board a couple weeks ago but we have been so busy that we haven't posted a formal introduction. I'm Lisa and my husband is David. We just enjoyed our very first rescue and release. We found a baby squirrel in our backyard left in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma. Everyone we contacted were overwhelmed with rescues so we quickly educated ourselves via these boards and today we can say we successfully rescued and released a squirrel...WooHoo!! Our squirrel continues to be a part of our lives. We continue to educate ourselves via these boards. It is baby season again and we want to stay on top of what's working and what's not.

Here is a video of our Rico. My husband gets carried away with these videos, but it's our story.

https://youtu.be/6Oa3q1HtQrQ

Happy to be here!!
    Lisa n David

Lisa and David a huge
    OMG I'm just grinning you guys are unbelievable. Hey can David do music videos of my kids
    Well welcome to squirrel addiction nothing like it
    Hope y'all can make the Celebration in May
    For details on the Squirrel Nation Celebration 2019 click on link below
    https://squirrel-nation.com/showthre...n-2019-Details

My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    Lisa and David a huge
    OMG I'm just grinning you guys are unbelievable. Hey can David do music videos of my kids
    Well welcome to squirrel addiction nothing like it
    Hope y'all can make the Celebration in May
    Thank you!!
    He does the videos right off his phone with an app called Videoshop. Looks easy enough.
    I do like this board. I continue to educate myself here daily reading posts. Every day it continues to be the greatest experience having Rico still in our lives.

A few pics:

1207171955.jpg

1207171954.jpg

1120170452.jpg

1120170451a.jpg

1120170451.jpg

Do you know what your releases are doing right now? My husband does.....lol

WGI_0218.jpg

WGI_0016 (1)~2.jpg

rico1 (62).jpg

Awwww Rico what a doll

"The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABBY

Welcome Lisa and David!

I have watched your video several times now and just LOVE Rico What a happy healthy baby she is and seems to love her mom and dad!
    I love the story of her still coming in at night to have a sleepover...that is so stinking cute. You are now squirrel and there is nothing like it.

It would be awesome if you guys could come to the Celebration in May and meet some of your fellow rehabber's We always have fun and share information.
    Thank you so much for the story of Rico and her pictures.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

Welcome Lisa, David and Rico
    What an outstanding name for a squee Ricochet
    What a beautiful, healthy looking girl you raised.
    That video was beyond perfect, so many poignant moments that we all know so well.
    You are completely as we all are. I look forward to seeing more of Rico and maybe I'll get to meet you in May if you join us for celebration

Thanks, Everyone!!

What a nice warm welcome here at S-N. Oh, we are definetely owned by this little creature. It's funny how every time Rico gets upset the very first place she comes running to is us. We love her soooo much!!

https://youtu.be/F8KGM0hAJ4k

https://youtu.be/Wu740C8D-60

I've just got to say that I love listening to Daddy taking to Rico. He's so very attentive to his baby.

Just heart melting videos for sure

ABBY

Quote Originally Posted by GreyluvR View Post
    Hi, Everyone!!

We joined this board a couple weeks ago but we have been so busy that we haven't posted a formal introduction. I'm Lisa and my husband is David. We just enjoyed our very first rescue and release. We found a baby squirrel in our backyard left in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma. Everyone we contacted were overwhelmed with rescues so we quickly educated ourselves via these boards and today we can say we successfully rescued and released a squirrel...WooHoo!! Our squirrel continues to be a part of our lives. We continue to educate ourselves via these boards. It is baby season again and we want to stay on top of what's working and what's not.

Here is a video of our Rico. My husband gets carried away with these videos, but it's our story.

https://youtu.be/6Oa3q1HtQrQ

Happy to be here!!
    Lisa n David
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the videos, thank you for sharing; we have some great ones too, but since I only have two hands, I can't always capture some of the good stuff! It's great a to a squirrel parent...