Thread: ?'s about slow release

Question ?'s about slow release

I am a new member, thank you for excepting me.
    I have a family of 3 squirrels, found before there eyes were open. The are appx 5 months old. Mack my sweetie built their
    cages, they are now in an outside cage. Their cage is appx 3'x4'x9', with their nesting box, a food drawer & several levels. They occupied the outside cage for 2 weeks then Mack installed a door. They are free to come and go as they please. We rise just past sunrise to feed them breakfast, then they go off and play. We have had some overnight stay outs, Samantha was the first to stay away all night, I was fretting 2 nights she stayed away. Tom also stayed away for 2 nights. We were very happy when there were 3 for breakfast this morning. Sabrina has never stayed away all night and usually
    returns for an afternoon nap. My ? is how long do you think this will continue. Mack won't have time to make new nest box till next week. Or do you think they will make a nest of their own? I would be happy if it never ended! Beverly

Beverly so glad you joined us Sounds like you have a perfect set up my guys still come and go in their release cage months after release but not to sleep I don't think more BC I still put a couple nuts in for them. Like you in ever want it to end and I want them to know its still there place if the weather gets bad. I have many nest boxes in my yard, don't know if they use them or just exactly where they go. Maybe they built there own pad I just know I see them each morning. I wouldn't worry they will make themselves a nest they like.
    Would love pics and keep us posted on them
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel forum
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel forum

"Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel forum
    "Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) grey squirrel forum

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Welcome to the Nation

Welcome to the SN.

I still see my Rocky from time to time and he was released in 2015.

Welcome nice to meet you. And well it's really up to them.. lol and you are doing great with them. And well sometimes they bring more back for breakfast or their babies.. year after yr..lol so happy ur here
    Laura