Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinkie a White Albino

Pinkie a White Albino

Hi. I was looking for another avenue to discuss squirrels and possibly help others with theirs. I have gained a lot of general knowledge as a member of another group, but don't know a lot about dosing meds.

I own or am owned (more exactly) by a beautiful White Albino Squirrel that was discovered in South Carolina. She was given to me by a dear friend to replace a squirrel that passed away. Pinkie is her name and she is 6 1/2 months old. Unfortunately for Pinkie, she was passed to two caretakers before she became mine, so it has been an adjustment.

I never realized how much love I could feel for such a small rambunctious animal, but I'm hooked. Below are a couple pictures.

Oh my goodness Scott. That second pic looks like you're being kissed by an angel... literally!

To SquirrelNation

Pinkie is gorgeous!

Thank you. She has been a God send to me, helping to lift me up from the doldrums of sadness after losing my other squirrel. She has soo much energy, it's tough keeping up with her and she has predictably destroyed several items in what used to be my office.

I don't know if we will ever have the cuddling moments that some people have when they can bring their squirrels up from Pinkie status, but we do have close moments just the same. I know that time spent with her is the most important ingredient and we do spend 4-5 hours a day.

Scott and Pinkie!!! Welcome to Squirrel Nation

Your baby is just beautiful and HRT4 is right...kiss from an angel.
    I remember my very first kiss by a squirrel...George...and he still kisses me every day for going on 5 years. Once you let a baby tug at your heart...you're hooked for life. I really can't imagine my life without a squirrel in it (or maybe 3-4..oh heck 20 will do)
    We are a small group but we all have one thing in common...our squirrels and helping others with theirs. We are so glad you joined us and can't wait to hear more about you and Pinkie.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

AWWW Scott I love the pics Pinkie is an absolute knock out and I am in love with her already
    I have lost two of my loves, and not that another ever replaces I do know my Conker now with me is my Blessing He was 3 1/2 years old when I got him so yes I know the adjustment time....now I can't remember when we weren't together. Conker gives me kisses and styles my hair daily and rides around on me

What a blessing you have there with Pinkie
    Give her big hugs from me
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel forum
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel forum

"Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel forum
    "Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) grey squirrel forum

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Scott, I just wanted to give you a little info that might help. When you see people cuddling squirrels... THIS IS NOT THE RULE!
    It is most definitely the exception. Even raising a squirrel from a pinkie doesn't guarantee that they will be cuddly. I raised one pinkie with the help of JSquirrelly (Judi). Dixie is sweet (most of the time) but she is definitely not cuddly. Occasional you will get a squirrel that will allow cuddles like a cat or dog but it's not real common. Cat and dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years. Even when we raise them from babies squirrels are still 'wild at heart'.

Babies will allow cuddling, adults usually not, so don't think that Pinkie would have been more cuddly if you had gotten her earlier. They're all different and they do change over time. I hope one day Pinkie will relax in your lap as you both watch TV. Pinkie is amazing.

Yes it took some time for me and my Conker but we are best cuddle buds now. He will be 7 this fall OMG where does the time go

ABBY

Pinkie speeding around Her Room

https://youtu.be/XyledjKZKKY

I think her nickname should be White Lightning
    You know having a white squirrel makes it so much easier to find her when she is out
    Keeping up with her must be a real workout

ABBY

Hi Scott nice to see you here with your beautiful pristine angel

Pinkie is so beautiful...wow, I would feel the heavens opened up and loved on me if I ever am blessed to have a beautiful white squirrel. Love watching her.

Pinkie like all squirrels is a gymnast. She does flips in her cage continuously. This short video is Pinks doing flip but both of us forgot to close her door in her cage. She broke a toe nail but hasn't shown any other health issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJxE9lGzhAM

My Marshall perfected the flips. I think he liked to be dizzy.

I just love watching her, she is so pretty.

:-)

Pinkie the WHITE LIGHTNING

ABBY

I mentioned to a friend yesterday that Pinkie has been scooting around on her butt kind of like my dog does dragging his butt on my clean carpets. I thought as I have seen squirrels in the wild doing it that it was just a way to clean off the area. My friend suggested that it could be her coming into season or it could be a sign of a UTI.

This of course brought me some concern. What are the symptoms of this infection? She eats very well, drinks well, has seeming normal poop and pee. She is obviously energetic and exercises all day. Is there anything I can look out for shy of taking her to a Vet which is 4-5 hr drive?