Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey a dwarf squirrel

Mel1959 it was a pleasure getting to meet you and your family and sweet little Joey. He is soooo adorable, he is the first little dwarf squirrel that I have met and I love him so much. Thank you all for sharing him with us.... Can't wait to see you all again next year at the Celebration. Love, hugs and kisses for sweet Joey!

Hello Mel

Ok, so I'm in trouble! I haven't posted about my baby, Joey, in a loooong time. But, lots of you got to see him at the last Celebration the beginning of May. Well, let me tell you! I have a "new and improved" Joey (if that's possible?). I'm not sure who provided the give away bags of Harlan Teklad 2018 at the Celebration.....but bless you!

I took one of those bags because I had heard Harlan was a good rodent block. At the time I didn't realize how good it was. I ground it up and started putting it in Joeys baby food and formula. Wow! What a difference a couple of months makes! Joey's hair on his belly has regrown and the hair on his hairless tail has also started to regrow! I have also been applying coconut oil to his tail 3+ times a day, but adding the Harlan block is the only nutritional change I've made. He's like a new squirrel. His hair is denser and shinier, not wispy like it had been. He seems stronger when he climbs on me and he's full of spunk running around his cage and playing with his stuffies! I had been mixing Henrys with his food prior to the Harlan and never saw this type of a change.

I don't know what to say, but thank you for jump starting me into buying Harlan block. After Dr. E's lecture about nutrition, I am sold on Harlan block and will be providing it, by the handful, to any new little squees that pass my way.

The first photo is from April 14, the second photo is from July 8 and the last photo is from today, July 20.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joey,,

is a boy, Right ??

I like boys ....

pinks

Yep, all boy!

"before there are weird confessions" ....

Dads loves women .... just saying

barrio likes female shepherds

and I like one year old, boys .... i'm a little baby ...

pinks

Joey needs a good chick like pinkie ....

I, scott, get the first, two, offspring .... so I make sure, they go to the Trees

Joey and the pinks

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Ok, so I'm in trouble! I haven't posted about my baby, Joey, in a loooong time. But, lots of you got to see him at the last Celebration the beginning of May. Well, let me tell you! I have a "new and improved" Joey (if that's possible?). I'm not sure who provided the give away bags of Harlan Teklad 2018 at the Celebration.....but bless you!

I took one of those bags because I had heard Harlan was a good rodent block. At the time I didn't realize how good it was. I ground it up and started putting it in Joeys baby food and formula. Wow! What a difference a couple of months makes! Joey's hair on his belly has regrown and the hair on his hairless tail has also started to regrow! I have also been applying coconut oil to his tail 3+ times a day, but adding the Harlan block is the only nutritional change I've made. He's like a new squirrel. His hair is denser and shinier, not wispy like it had been. He seems stronger when he climbs on me and he's full of spunk running around his cage and playing with his stuffies! I had been mixing Henrys with his food prior to the Harlan and never saw this type of a change.

I don't know what to say, but thank you for jump starting me into buying Harlan block. After Dr. E's lecture about nutrition, I am sold on Harlan block and will be providing it, by the handful, to any new little squees that pass my way.

The first photo is from April 14, the second photo is from July 8 and the last photo is from today, July 20.
    Hi Mel
    Wow! That's quite a change for the better!
    I've also been using HT but obviously not often enough
    I'm going to step up my game.

That is a great improvment. Good to know . Joey is looking very handsome.

Wow...Joey looks wonderful!! Hollywood aka/Meredith donated the HT handouts, she introduced me to them about 4 years ago. I use these for my babies that are going to be released but Georgie, Willa and Trixie like them also. Chance not so much, he prefers moms homemade blocks to any other kind. Willa can eat them even though she only has her bottom incisors but they seem to help keep the bottoms trimmed some with her gnawing on them.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

Joey is so precious! How has he enjoyed being around Stuart Little? We need photos and videos of those two! :)

Where can the HT blocks be purchased from? And after looking on their site, they have several different types of rodent blocks... so is a certain protein % recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by usfbrad View Post
    Joey is so precious! How has he enjoyed being around Stuart Little? We need photos and videos of those two! :)

Where can the HT blocks be purchased from? And after looking on their site, they have several different types of rodent blocks... so is a certain protein % recommended?
    Of course you can get them from Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Harlan-Teklad...=harlan+teklad

I buy the 2018 all the time, never used the 2014 so can't comment on those.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ Anthony William -

Quote Originally Posted by usfbrad View Post

Hey Brad, I have only used the 2018, they do have a higher percentage of protein, but clearly this is one of the items Joey must have been lacking even though I have given him chicken for the last year.

I looked on Amazon to find the cheapest price which was about $20 for 5 lbs, no shipping charge.

I wish my little guy could have visited with Stu. Dr. E wasn't able to get him down here before her trip, so she had one of her assistants keep him. :( Maybe next time.

Wow Mel that is some difference wonderful
    I have been using Mazuri rodent block (I reconstruct it with FV/ baby food/ground flax seed the flax seed really gives them shinny fur I only use a pinch) I will have to see if the HT ingredients are the same.
    My Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
    "The Charley Chuckles chronicles" my son 8-14-2004/3-7-2013 grey squirrel thread
    "Simon my miracle" my adopted son 7-21-2010/3-7-2014 grey squirrel thread
    "Little Girl special squirrel" 8-30-2011/5-5-2017 grey squirrel thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conkie Donkie Dempsey" :-) my boy grey squirrel thread
    "Pumpkin Sunshine" my girl FOX squirrel thread

I'm not poof reading any of this

charleychuckles1@gmail.com
    ABBY

Joeys sporting a new floofie tail and looking very handsome!
    Attached Images Attached Images