Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joey a dwarf squirrel

Mel, this is phenomenal. Joey looks like a different boy.

In my mind, the HT is providing something that he wasn't getting in the Henrys. Has his behavior changed with the new look?

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post

In my mind, the HT is providing something that he wasn't getting in the Henrys. Has his behavior changed with the new look?

Awww, look at that fully furred darling with a fluffy tail.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post

Yes, his behavior is different, too. He's more alert/curious. He romps around the cage and climbs to the top and back down. He even goes to the very bottom portion and jumps around....he keeps the cats entertained! He will also eat an occasional nut, now. Before he would take them and bury them under his blanket and never eat them. Now he actually lunges at your fingers with both hands to grab the nut and sits and eats it. It's truly amazing all the changes in him. He is like a completely different squirrel.

I actually just bought some HT because of you Mel! I've always given Sammy HHB's but I'm going to try to see if I can get him to take HT. Even if I have to mix it with HHBs for a while. Do you only give HT now or do you do both?

Quote Originally Posted by jlee View Post
    I actually just bought some HT because of you Mel! I've always given Sammy HHB's but I'm going to try to see if I can get him to take HT. Even if I have to mix it with HHBs for a while. Do you only give HT now or do you do both?
    I only give Joey Harlan block. I also start my releases on Harlan block because you never know when they won't be able to be released, like May. It's much cheaper, too. I do buy the HHBs and give one occasionally to May or my wilds.

Mel, wow, so are we rewriting, what may be more appropriate ?

Joey is really handsome!

the pinks

I can only vouch for the difference I have seen in Joey since I began the Harlan block about 3 1/2 months ago. I had been giving him Henry's mixed with his formula and baby food for about a year and a half before switching to the Harlan. I also have listened to Dr. Emerson talk about squirrel patients that she sees. When she sees a squirrel that is older she asks the owner what they are feeding. Their answer is usually some type of RODENT block. She has also seen cases of captive squirrels who were fed Henrys block develop MBD. I'm sure there are all sorts of variables (how many nuts are given, what types of veggies, etc) and this is by no means a scientific study. So, I can only share how different my little guy looks and acts, since being on Harlan block.